Hopkins Advantage is seeking experienced candidates to fill open positions as Skids and Jigs Technician at a manufacturing facility in the Tuscaloosa, AL area. This position performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment. This position offers an excellent starting pay rate, healthcare benefits, paid holidays, paid time off and accelerated growth potential! Submit your resume today!
- Follow all safety requirements – departmental and plant wide.
- Optimal maintenance, repair and cleanliness of equipment (enameling holders and skids) in paint shop.
- Correct mounting and adjustment of painted parts.
- Maintain a level of cleanliness on equipment that does not affect the painting process.
- Support plant and industry mechanics in maintenance and repair work.
- Implement changes and new development of enameling holders according to instructions.
- Handling and work with metals.
- Communicate effectively with other technicians, managers, and client.
- Read and understand drawings and painting plans.
- Use of basic hand tools
- High School Diploma required.
- Completed apprenticeship in metal profession or years of experience as Skid Mechanic Assistant with skills in mechanic field of work
- Mechanical, welding experience needed
- Experienced forklift operation
- Considerable knowledge of safety and operational methods, materials, tools and practices used in facility maintenance.
- Candidate must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- Good communication skills, positive attitude and team player.
- Must be flexible and open to other tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
If you possess the skills described above and desire to work in a positive, team -oriented environment, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We only consider those candidates that most closely match our requirements.
Starting pay rate: $17/hr
Equal Opportunity Employer