Experienced Supervisor needed to fill open position for fast-paced automotive manufacturing facility in Cottondale, AL. Our company specializes in contract facility services, including janitorial, material handling/shipping and receiving processes, preventive maintenance programs and capital projects. Ideal candidate will have a strong sense of urgency, dedication, initiative, and organizational skills and will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, including planning and coordinating work assignments, record keeping, training and motivating employees, monitor and evaluate performance of employees and ensure their ability to safely operate material handling equipment. Successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and be able to quickly improve the productivity and morale within the department. Clerical/data entry and daily/weekly reporting are significant responsibilities of this position.
This position will supervise the daily activity of staff and will be responsible for staff development and be held accountable for completion of all daily workloads and assignments.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- 2-5 years previous experience in the Manufacturing Industry is necessary
- Proven history of supervision/management
- Experienced forklift operation
- Welding experience preferred
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Paint shop experience a plus
- Ability to build strong relationships with other department managers/customers/employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Outlook
- Automotive is a plus
Technical School or College is preferred but not required.