Hopkins Advantage is a stable and rapidly growing company that provides facility maintenance and support services to manufacturers in Automotive and Industrial environments. We are seeking a General Manager to oversee operations in several facilities throughout the Southeast. 50%+ travel is required with this position.
This position will manage several site Managers and 150+ operations personnel. The manager will spend most of the time coaching and leading the operations team to efficiently and safely achieve service and quality goals. They will implement procedures and generate ideas to help increase service levels and at a cost savings to the Client. They will work directly with site Managers along with Client Management in order to achieve uniformity and the best possible service levels.
A qualified candidate will have at least 5 years of operations supervisory experience in an automotive or industrial manufacturing environment. Candidates with less than 5 yrs experience will NOT be considered.
Qualified candidates will likely have business degree in operations management, and certifications and training in improvement methods (e.g. Lean Six Sigma).
- Manage site Managers with 150+ operations personnel.
- Provide daily oversight to service operations and personnel, including planning, evaluating processes and headcount, and continuously seeking additional cost-savings opportunities.
- Teach, coach and supervise work activities for team members.
- Maintain a motivational work environment through appropriate goal-setting, operating principles, communications and fair treatment of all employees.
- Set work priorities to meet service objectives in the established budget.
- Conduct performance reviews Management personnel to provide incentive and constructive input for individual improvement.
- Act to correct poor performance and poor behavior that puts the employees or team at risk or impacts the team’s ability to achieve its objectives.
- Provide team members with training on workplace and company policies, procedures and practices, including safety procedures, proper use of equipment, and performance standards.
- Monitor working conditions regularly to ensure the safety of all team members, and take timely corrective action as required, including disciplinary action when necessary.
- Facilitate weekly and monthly reporting to Owners and Client as relates to headcount additions/reductions, lost time reporting, employee turnover, budget updates.
- Ensure timely record keeping, filing and other administrative duties as required.
- Report accidents or incidents that occur within the designated facility (on or off site), including completing accident or incident reports when such events occur.
- Ensure safe practices are performed and safety processes are followed throughout the workforce
- 5-plus years of supervisory experience in an automotive or industrial manufacturing environment.
- Strong initiative and results driven
- Must demonstrate labor management, leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated success in driving process re-engineering and operational improvement projects with evidence of increased productivity and cost-savings.
- Group facilitation and trainer/instructor skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with individuals at all levels. Ability to build strong relationships with other department managers/customers/employees
- Must possess sense of urgency and be comfortable performing under pressure
- Strong organization, communication, and computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business (Ops Mgmt), or equivalent work experience.
Salary depends on skills and experience. We offer excellent health benefits along with paid holiday and vacation time. If you possess the skills described above and desire to work in a positive, team oriented environment, please submit your resume with a brief cover letter describing your professional background and why you think you would be a good fit for our team. Salary requirements should be included. Please understand that we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer