Hopkins Advantage is seeking dependable, hard-working Maintenance Technicians to work at a manufacturing facility in the Tuscaloosa, AL area. This position performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in repair and maintenance of machinery, buildings and equipment.
- Follow all safety requirements – departmental and plant wide.
- Troubleshooting and repair machines and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with other technicians, managers, vendors, and client.
- Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical circuits (3 phase).
- Read and understand prints.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanics (gearing, shaft and belt alignment).
- Use of basic hand tools; but not limited to hand drills, grinders, hammer, saws and wrenches.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- 2 Yr. Technical Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or related field – will work with currently enrolled students.
- Maintenance experience is considered in lieu of degree.
- PLC experience desired (Siemens is a plus)
- Considerable knowledge of safety and operational methods, materials, tools and practices used in facility maintenance.
- Candidate must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- Good communication skills, positive attitude and team player.
- Must be flexible and open to other tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
- Willing to work in elevated and confined spaces.
- Willing to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Prior military service in maintenance or supervisory experience is a plus.
If you possess the skills described above and desire to work in a positive, team -oriented environment, please submit your resume.
HOPKINS offers a competitive salary, paid Holidays, Paid Time Off and healthcare benefits. We only consider those candidates that most closely match our requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour