Hopkins Advantage is seeking experienced Industrial Maintenance Technicians to work at a manufacturing facility in the Tuscaloosa, AL area. This position performs various skilled and semi-skilled tasks in repair and maintenance of machinery and equipment. This position offers an excellent starting pay rate, healthcare benefits, paid holidays, paid time off and accelerated growth potential! Submit your resume today!
- Follow all safety requirements – departmental and plant wide.
- Troubleshooting and repair machines and equipment.
- Communicate effectively with other technicians, managers, vendors, and client.
- Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical circuits (3 phase).
- Read and understand prints.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanics (gearing, shaft and belt alignment).
- Use of basic hand tools; but not limited to hand drills, grinders, hammer, saws and wrenches.
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 Yr. Technical Degree in Industrial Maintenance field or Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or related field.
- Maintenance experience is considered in lieu of degree.
- PLC experience required (Siemens is a plus)
- Mechanical, welding a plus
- Considerable knowledge of safety and operational methods, materials, tools and practices used in facility maintenance.
- Candidate must be dependable and have reliable transportation.
- Good communication skills, positive attitude and team player.
- Must be flexible and open to other tasks that may be assigned.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check.
- Willing to work in elevated and confined spaces.
- Willing to work rotating shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Prior military service in maintenance or supervisory experience is a plus.
If you possess the skills described above and desire to work in a positive, team -oriented environment, please submit your resume. We only consider those candidates that most closely match our requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: starting pay $17.00-$18.00 /hour