Hopkins Construction & Maintenance is looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to fill an open position in our construction division. The ideal candidate will perform administrative duties for and support Construction Management. This full-time position includes a wide range of duties and responsibilities, so candidate must be flexible and willing to take on a variety of duties.
- Assist Construction Manager with all administrative duties associated with construction jobs – set up and maintain job files, quotes, job tracking, material and equipment orders, maintain vendor lists, complete necessary paperwork for job bids with accuracy, etc.
- Process employee timesheets for weekly payroll
- Daily/Weekly reporting for construction division (as required)
- Assist with creation/revision of processes and procedures for growing company and changing operations
- Maintain all financial aspects of business, including payables, receivables, financial reports, etc.
- General office responsibilities; perform all other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma; college preferred
- 3+ years of administrative support experience in construction related industry
- Bookkeeping (QuickBooks) required and construction experience a plus
- Experience and knowledge with AIA documents required.
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Possess desire and initiative to excel and perform independently
- Must enjoy working in a small team environment
- Organization, neatness and proficiency is a must
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Strong in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take direction well
- Ability to learn and problem solve well
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
- Maintain professionalism with positive service attitude at all times
- Must pass drug screen and background check