HOPKINS Advantage, a privately held service provider, is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team. The person in this position will be responsible for maintaining all duties relating to personnel files, recruiting, benefits administration for 100+ employees as well as administration of day-to-day human resource functions. Candidates should have a strong background in human resources and possess analytical skills, computer skills, excellent communication and organizational/time management skills.
- Process all new hires – employment information, tax information, direct deposit, payroll deductions, etc. Experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Serve as Human Resources generalist helping to enforce company’s policies and procedures and assist in overseeing HR related issues
- Upkeep of personnel files, new hire paperwork, reprimands, PTO requests, attendance logs, terminations, tax changes, etc.
- Implement new forms and keep forms current, as required
- Process garnishments and support orders
- Employee benefits management, including COBRA and FMLA
- Monthly reconciliation of employee benefits
- Create/revise job descriptions
- Create and revise procedures for growing company and changing operations
- Assist with company handbook updates and changing policies
- Unemployment claims/reporting
- Perform all other related duties as required
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred
- 4+ years of Human Resources experience
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Possess desire and initiative to excel and perform independently
- Must enjoy working in a small team environment
- Organization and proficiency is a must
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Strong in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to take direction well
- Must be able to analyze information and report accordingly
- Ability to learn and problem solve well
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of internal staff
- Maintain professionalism with positive service attitude at all times
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Salary depends on skills and experience. HOPKINS Advantage offers medical/dental/vision insurance coverage and paid time off. If you possess the skills described above and desire to work in a small, team oriented environment, please submit your resume with a brief cover letter describing your professional background and why you think you would be a good fit for our team. Please include salary requirements. Please understand that we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.