Hopkins Construction & Maintenance seeks to hire experienced, qualified, and skilled Commercial Construction Laborers in Central Mississippi.
We are looking for a crew of efficient, safety-minded skilled laborers. Applicants should have commercial construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation. Laborers with special skills, such as concrete finishing and carpentry, are in especially high demand. We offer a consistent work schedule, and competitive pay. The ideal candidates will be capable of working with minimal oversight, but willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, he or she should be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project security.
- General construction helper and cleanup duties
- Rough carpentry (Finish Carpentry a plus)
- Perform general maintenance duties
- Use of all types of power tools and equipment
- Concrete formwork and finishing
- Wood and Metal framing experience
- Drywall, finishing and paint experience
- Certified equipment operator a plus
- Welding, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical experience a plus
- Warehouse and Plant Maintenance experience a plus
Skills & Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid State Driver’s License. Commercial License a plus.
- 2 Years verifiable work experience in commercial construction industry.
- Professional demeanor with positive and cooperative attitude.
- Dependable; Team oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, able to perform manual work following verbal and written instruction.
- Mechanically inclined with attention to detail.
- Able to work near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humiditywith exposure to loud noise, dust and asphalt.
- Good dexterity – hand, hand with arm, two hands and multi-limb combination.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry objects overtime without fatigue.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs., walk, stand, climb, kneel, bend, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Successfully pass drug screen.