Experienced Manager/Supervisor needed to fill open position for fast-paced automotive manufacturing facility in the south central Manchester, TN area. Our company specializes in contract facility services, including janitorial, material handling/shipping and receiving processes, preventive maintenance programs and capital projects. Ideal candidate(s) will have a strong sense of urgency, dedication, initiative, and organizational skills and will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, including planning and coordinating work assignments, record keeping, training and motivating employees, monitor and evaluate performance of employees and ensure their ability to safely operate material handling equipment. Successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and be able to quickly improve the productivity and morale within the department. Clerical/data entry and daily/weekly reporting are significant responsibilities of this position. Overtime work expected. This position will supervise the daily activity of staff and will be responsible for staff development and be held accountable for completion of all daily workloads and assignments.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- 5 plus years previous experience in the Manufacturing Industry is necessary
- Proven history of supervision/management
- Experienced forklift operation
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Clear understanding of inventory control, shipping/receiving and safety leadership
- Ability to build strong relationships with other department managers/customers/employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Outlook
- Automotive is a plus
- Technical school or college is preferred but not required
Salary depends on skills and experience. We offer healthcare benefits along with paid holiday and vacation time. If you possess the skills described above and desire to work in a positive, team oriented environment, please submit your resume with a brief cover letter describing your professional background and why you think you would be a good fit for our team. Please understand that we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer