Hopkins Construction & Maintenance seeks to hire experienced, qualified, and skilled Commercial Construction Superintendent in Central/South Mississippi.
We are looking to hire a part time and/or full time Construction Superintendent to provide on-site coordination and supervision for all phases of commercial construction projects including coordination of subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule crews, subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Supervise and manage all subcontractors, vendors, and hourly labor daily to ensure adequate manpower is available for each task.
- Provide detailed instruction to subcontractors and labor on installation requirements consistent with the plans and specifications and/or provided by supervisors.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Communicate with project team regarding Requests for Information (RFI’s) and Material Submittals.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions and/or Owner required inspections.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to the project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
- Walk projects daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and execution.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Assist in hiring sub-tier employees.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years of verifiable experience, thorough references and knowledge of trades.
- OSHA Certification
- First Aid and CPR Certification
- Experience in general commercial construction is necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Project & Outlook) is required.
- A Building/Construction Science degree or similar is a plus.
- Provide direction to and resolve problems between subcontractors and vendors/suppliers.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: smart phone, email, written logs, computer, digital camera or similar devices.
- Reading, understanding and implementation of Construction Contract Documents (Plans, specifications, product data, submittals, etc.)
- Endurance and ability to visit entire job site, including stairs, scaffolds, roofs, lifts or other elevated structures.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity;
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Spanish speaking skills a plus.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs., walk, stand, climb, kneel, bend, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Able to work outdoors in all-weather conditions.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Successfully pass drug screen.