To provide management oversight and estimating for all phases of commercial construction projects, including coordinating employees, subcontractors, material and equipment; ensuring that specifications are being followed; work is proceeding with quality; schedule adherence and cost tracking. Must be proficient in estimating and scheduling with strong quantity take-off skills and conceptual estimating. The Project Manager / Estimator should have a strong understanding of construction methods and an eye for construction details. Field supervision experience is a plus.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project(s) following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Minimizes exposure and risk.
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Supervises assistant managers and superintendents, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, identifies and corrects deficiencies in general any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within budget and on schedule.
- Reports to owner, architects and portfolio managers on progress and any necessary modifications of plans and specs.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role.
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role.
- Accurately tracks project costs and maintains strict adherence to the budget.
- Generates and issues regular internal and external project reporting.
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are
- Predicts changes in scope and revenue.
- Administers Submittal Review process between Subcontractors/Suppliers and the design team.
Estimating and Scheduling:
- Prepare conceptual estimates for project viability evaluation and budgeting with owner(s)
- Prepare detailed quantity take-offs and final estimates for projects of varied size
- Estimate labor and materials for self-performed items
- Provide initial project schedule to management for review and refinement
- Review bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up questions
- Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned
- Develops RFI’s and clarification documents
- Ensures adequate subcontractor coverage and pursues new subcontract and vendor relationships
- Performs a comprehensive “bid day” analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades
- Understands the size/scope of project(s) and corresponding subcontractor or supplier capability to perform
- Creates bid lists that fit scope of job
- Aggressively minimizes exclusions
- Submits value-engineering ideas
Salary will be commensurate with experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Products
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures and market trends
- Detail oriented and capable of managing priorities
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of five (3) three years of verifiable experience. Experience in all types of commercial construction management and estimating. A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar field is preferred. Experience and a high degree of competency may offset some degree requirements.
- Work in an office and field environment
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds
- Must be able to sustain posture in a seated position for prolong periods of time
- Extended hours may be required to meet project deadlines
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
Job Type: Full-time